You probably think that there is no such thing as yoga for weight loss and that you have tried various methods to lose weight, from very strict diets to high intensity exercise routines, and yet with all this you are unable to achieve your great goal: to lose weight.
There are many people around the world who want to and are trying to lose weight and usually go down the classic paths to achieve it, but many times they fail in the attempt and do not find the right way to lose those extra pounds, however it does not pass through their minds to choose the practice of yoga as an alternative to lose weight, because certain positions are excellent for you to lose weight and also relax.
Yoga for weight loss is a very feasible and efficient option, and if you are losing weight or want to lose it, don’t hesitate and choose yoga as your technique to achieve that goal. It’s even a very simple way to do it.
One of the great reasons that make yoga to lose weight a good choice for you is that you don’t need previous experience or to be used to exercise since it’s quite easy to do, so at the same time it won’t be difficult for you to practice if you are overweight or obese.
You don’t need to have a high level of flexibility either, since you will optimize it as time goes by.
The vast majority of people relate to yoga only and exclusively with meditation, relaxation and peace of mind, but yoga is not only based on these aspects, yoga to lose weight is much more than that.
According to various studies that have been conducted, because yoga allows people to relax, this causes a decrease in the levels of the hormone responsible for generating stress, which is called cortisol, which causes more fat to accumulate in the body, especially in the hip area.
Yoga for Weight Loss
Yoga is much more than a simple exercise, it can even be considered a skill capable of exercising you on a mental, spiritual and physical level in such a way that it changes various physical and mental aspects.
It’s a wonderful way to lose weight and stay healthy.
Likewise, it is also possible to lose weight by practicing it, since it is based on the realization of a link of physical postures called asanas, which allow toning up at an average speed, although of course the toning up process will be slower compared to that of a more intense exercise. With yoga you can stay active, tone your body and strengthen your muscles, which makes you keep your weight or lose it, depending on your needs.
It is important that when you practice yoga with the purpose of losing weight, do not take it as a task or an obligation, since it is mainly a matter of enjoying the moment because otherwise you will not have motivation or desire to do the different postures, so it is very likely that you do not execute them properly and therefore do not get to lose weight.
Yoga to lose weight is very useful to consolidate and shape your body, it can be very useful if you also want to lose weight and look flat.
However, the practice of yoga cannot be taken lightly either, since there are several aspects to take into account. If you are overweight or obese, you have to consider that just practicing yoga will not be enough to lose weight.
You have to complement this activity with a cardiovascular exercise routine so that you can burn the fat that you have stored, in addition you will also have to follow an adequate diet that adapts to your needs, this way the process of losing weight will be more effective.
Nevertheless, if your objective is to lose more than ten kilos, then the best thing will be that you mainly go to an expert so that he can guide you and give you the pertinent recommendations.
If you practice a high intensity routine, yoga is an excellent option to complement it.
It is important to know that yoga to lose weight is not a fast way to lose weight, however it is guaranteed that with time you will be able to see the results as the decrease of the belly, fortification of the abdominals, strengthens the muscles and reduces the cellulite.
The best yoga postures to Weight Loss
With this asana you will be able to strengthen your abs, spine and back, and also reduce the fat in the abdomen area. To perform it you must follow the following steps:
– Lie down on your belly and stretch your legs. Put the palms of your hands on the floor in line with your shoulders.
– Breathe in and raise your belly slowly. Maintain this position for a period of time that covers two complete breaths.
– Lower your whole body to the floor while you are exhaling. You should repeat this process five times, with fifteen second breaks for each repetition.
It is a great posture to remove extra kilos from the area of the abdomen and stomach. For its execution you must:
– Lie down on the floor leaning on your back.
– Lift your right leg at a ninety degree angle.
– Bend your left knee and put it over your stomach. Then press it on your stomach.
– Put your hands on your leg, hold it and press down. Then let go.
– Do the same steps with the other leg.
With the execution of the arch posture you will be able to reinforce the contour of your abdomen, optimize the digestion process and also stretch and relax your back. Perform it with these indications:
– Lie down on your belly, extending your legs. Bend your knees and support the heels of your feet with your two hands.
– You will have to raise your head while you are breathing in and looking forward so that your neck is not damaged. At the same time, you should lift your legs as far as you can.
– Maintain this position while taking two full breaths. Then return to the original position.
– You will have to do five repetitions with fifteen seconds of rest each.
Pose of the plate
It is one of the postures that provides better results in terms of having a flat stomach and in toning the body in different parts: arms, back, buttocks, legs, shoulders. Follow these instructions so you can do it correctly:
– Lie down on your belly.
– Put both hands at shoulder level and lift yourself up. The hands should be in total symmetry with the height of your shoulders, and your body should be in a straight line from the tip of your feet to your crown.
– It is important that you do not arch your back. This asana should be kept as long as possible. Then you will return to the original position when you expire.
This Other Extraordinary Publication «5 Essential Yoga Postures Everyone Should Practice» May interest you Come in and check it out!
I hope you liked the publication of this article emphasizing «4 Ideal Yoga Poses for Weight Loss». You can share your opinions and experiences with me in the comments section.